From Dragon Eye Atlas
|Settlements||On Map||Wiki Pages|
2021/01 - Adding some Unique Spots
- with some basics in place, I am now adding some unique spots that provide interesting adventure locations. Some examples are the border town of Otzen or the exclave of Thinvipia.
- added more details and story hooks, such as the Firebrand Monks or The Mist.
- began adding the ruling house of Mun, the Ichon family.
2020/12 - Technology and Cultures
- adding more details to pages, such as Sila#Naval_Technology or the expansion of Ice Elves
- added semantic lists to the various government forms, see Property:Realm Type
- released the Lockdown Edition
- added first details on the various Guilds that might be of interest to adventurers
2020/11 - Detail Areas
- working on some areas in details now. Places like Karenfang and its nearby places and now Casuvo and nearby places.
- adding various hand-drawn style maps to Handouts, covering the areas described above.
- working on a 3D computer game set in the world of Dragon Eye - see https://www.patreon.com/posts/42823753.
- adding more places to the map (towns, villages, etc.) even if they don't get names and descriptions just yet.
2020/08 - Towns, Schap and Fonticia
- added a much better differentiation of settlement types to the List of Settlements and on all pages, raising the importance of small market towns.
- added details around the Schap / Fonticia border, such as Ezland and its towns or war-torn Efen.
2020/07 - POIs, Realms, Cultures
- added the pages for several more POIs, such as the Lighthouse of Saiar, Dohelrus or Tenus Castle
- completed basic data on all realm pages
- added more basic information on several cultures, such as the Wild Elves or the Mountain Elves.
2020/06 - Filling in Details
- added more details to many pages
- special focus on completing all realm pages to contain at least basic information
2020/05 - Njombia and the Game
- spent much work on polishing the game system for Dragon Eye
- some cleanup work on the map
- added details in Nanalanda Territory and Oujda
- slow month
2020/04 - Hanzatia and southern Vericum
- added more than 2,000 villages to the map in Hanzatia and Vericum
- added about 600 villages to the map in Fonticia
- added 22 dwarven towns to Hanzatia, with additional roads and all, to get the first dwarven region detailed
- expanded the background of the Centaurs
- added Orcs and Trolls
2020/03-04 - Religions Overhaul
- reworking the Religions of Dragon Eye into a more coherent fantasy concept.
2020/03 - More Realm Descriptions
- started to adding details to the kingdom of Fonticia and its history.
- started the pages on Grasalia and Biesen and added more details to several other realms.
2020/02 - Sila and Vericum
- added villages, ruins and other details all around Sila and the Vericum area near Sumegaidau County.
- several parts of the map system broke, working on fixing them (MapBox issues).
- the first legendary dragon, Grauch has finally received his own page.
2020/01 - Filling in Gaps
- a lot of small articles on individual villages, some provinces, etc. added
- started to bring The United Provinces of Sila to life.
- a lot of work on the Dragon Eye ruleset, which is invisible here on the wiki
2019/12 - Content Additions and Tutorial
- a video tutorial explaining the map-making process is being published, the create your own world page links to the videos.
- More content is being added, with descriptions of provinces, towns and villages being added as well as those later being put on the map together with fields, smaller roads and many more details.
- Slow month due to end of the year (which is a busy time in my business) and christmas/skiing holiday.
2019/11 - UI Improvements
- Realm, city/town and villages names on most maps are now clickable and will lead to their respective wiki pages, making the map interactive!
- Added interactive maps to the list of realms and cultures.
- Added list of provinces to realm pages (for those where provinces have been defined).
- Rivers updated to Azgaar's generator v1.2 - types and names added.
2019/10 - Details Added
- Beginning to add town detail maps. Phonas is the first fully developed town, with Sumegaidau being developed.
- Also added flags to all the realms (except the elven ones, because elves don't use flags).
- Added the first Points of Interest.
- Added country roads (around Mea, Sumegaidau County and others).
- Added the first Noble Houses and noteworthy people.
- Reworked the overlays and many behind-the-scenes details on the wiki.
- Changed wiki fonts and a few visuals.
2019/09 - Initial Content
Also bringing the first content into the wiki, including the races as well as the basic structure of realms, cultures, religions and other details.
2019/09 - Basic Technology
Mostly figured out how to do the same with Watabou's Medieval Fantasy City Generator, but this time using his SVG export directly without changes to the upstream code.
Imported everything into QGIS and started working on it. It's still a far cry from the sheer beauty of Azgaar's Generator, but I'm getting there. Here are some screenshots from my current status:
Thanks to Mapbox, I've managed to integrate my map into the wiki and styled it more or less beautifully (I'm not an artist). For the integration, the Mediawiki extension Widgets proved the most useful, much more so than the various dedicated maps extensions, which make it so much more difficult to use your own map source.
Little known is that GIS also supports temporal extents, so data can be located in time as well as space - something that can be so interesting for historic maps and "scrolling through time".