From Dragon Eye Atlas
Revision as of 16:29, 7 October 2019 by Tom
- 544 articles in this Wiki
- Recent Changes
2019/10 - Details Added
- Beginning to add town detail maps. Phonas is the first fully developed town, with Sumegaidau being developed.
- Also added flags to all the realms (except the elven ones, because elves don't use flags).
- Added the first Points of Interest.
- Added the first Noble Houses and noteworthy people.
- Reworked the overlays and many behind-the-scenes details on the wiki.
- Changed wiki fonts and a few visuals.
2019/09 - Initial Content
Also bringing the first content into the wiki, including the races as well as the basic structure of realms, cultures, religions and other details.
2019/09 - Basic Technology
Mostly figured out how to do the same with Watabou's Medieval Fantasy City Generator, but this time using his SVG export directly without changes to the upstream code.
Imported everything into QGIS and started working on it. It's still a far cry from the sheer beauty of Azgaar's Generator, but I'm getting there. Here are some screenshots from my current status:
Thanks to Mapbox, I've managed to integrate my map into the wiki and styled it more or less beautifully (I'm not an artist). For the integration, the Mediawiki extension Widgets proved the most useful, much more so than the various dedicated maps extensions, which make it so much more difficult to use your own map source.
Little known is that GIS also supports temporal extents, so data can be located in time as well as space - something that can be so interesting for historic maps and "scrolling through time".