From Dragon Eye Atlas
Revision as of 11:20, 21 November 2019 by Tom
There is quite a bit of technology behind this online atlas, and I want to enable other worldbuilders and game masters to use it for their own worlds.
The basic elements are these tools:
- Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator for generating the world map
- QGIS for managing and editing map data
- Mapbox, both Mapbox Studio for styling and serving maps and Mapbox GL JS on the client side
- Semantic MediaWiki as, well, the wiki
- Widgets Extension to embed the maps into the wiki
The whole process is described in detail in a tutorial series:
- Part One - from Azgaar's to QGIS
- Part Two - from QGIS to Mapbox
- (upcoming) Part Three - Fantasy Wikipedia
- (upcoming) Part Four - Embedding Maps into the Atlas
Templates and Widgets
You can also copy and re-use the templates and widgets from this site for your own purposes. When doing so, please include a link to https://notveryprofessional.com/dragoneye/atlas/ in your page.