From Dragon Eye Atlas
Revision as of 11:12, 4 December 2019 by Tom
There is quite a bit of technology behind this online atlas, and I want to enable other worldbuilders and game masters to use it for their own worlds.
The basic elements are these tools:
- Azgaar's Fantasy Map Generator for generating the world map
- QGIS for managing and editing map data
- Mapbox, both Mapbox Studio for styling and serving maps and Mapbox GL JS on the client side
- Semantic MediaWiki as, well, the wiki
- Widgets Extension to embed the maps into the wiki
The whole process is described in detail in a tutorial series:
- Part One - from Azgaar's to QGIS
- Part Two - from QGIS to Mapbox
- Part Three - refining the map
- Part Four - refining mapbox
- (upcoming) Part Five - Fantasy Wikipedia
- (upcoming) Part Six - Embedding Maps into the Atlas
Templates and Widgets
You can also copy and re-use the templates and widgets from this site for your own purposes. When doing so, please include a link to https://notveryprofessional.com/dragoneye/ in your page.
This page is still incomplete and missing content or details that are planned, but have not been added yet.